Or, rather, that which was not confined to a song or album. These things all put a huge smile on my face, for many different reasons, and helped me connect more deeply to the music I love.
1) Rhye’s performance at Le Poisson Rouge:
2) Neko Case’s Halloween Tiny Desk Concert (“It can get stabby”):
3) Seeing Cody Chesnutt live at the Grey Eagle in Asheville, NC (note: the linked performance is NOT the Grey Eagle show)
4) Seeing Houndmouth live at the Grey Eagle in Asheville (which I wrote about here)
5) Annie Clark’s (St. Vincent’s) review of Arcade Fire‘s Reflektor
6) My new Sennheiser headphones (notice they stole my photo idea on their home page – cause I was the first one ever to think of putting headphones on a journal):
7) Har Mar Superstar’s and Neko Case’s Twitter feeds
(yes, that’s my cheesy Roots Christmas sweater – and my cheesy pose – courtesy of OkayPlayer. The sweater, that is, not the pose.)
You can read the first post in the 2013 Year in Music here. And check back in the coming days for my favorite songs and my favorite albums.